Pages

Sunday 22 July 2012

A Scrapbook Layout .........

Hi all, after taking a fantastic online Scrapbooking class with Shimelle called Cover to Cover  I decided to start an Early Years album to document my childhood. 

This is probably going to be the second page in my album as I have a picture of my mum pregnant with me that I want to be the first page.  Anyway there is no picture of me on the day I was born but I do have a weight card, the tag from my cot and the little hospital wrist band that my mum had kept.  My journalling is about my mum and dad's memories of the day I was born.  I don't scrapbook that much about myself as lots of pages are about Grace but I think it is important to tell my story too and hopefully Grace will be interested in this album one day too.

Well it's been a lovely hot day here in Norfolk today and it sounds like we have a few more good ones to come.  Everything always seems better in the sunshine!

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Lynsey x

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Hiya Lynsey.
It's funny but just a couple of weeks ago I heard Mel Heaton (don't know if you know her, she's a cricut demonstrator and Scrapbooker) she was talking about Scrapping photo's and of course journalling "Yourself" for your children in the future and like you I rearly do photo's of me, but then a few of my friends have died young and I thought I need my children to know about my past life, so I am gunna make a start to.
I will keep up with you, and can't wait to see your next page, this one is beautiful with a vintage feel, it's lovely.
Debbiex

Jackie said...

A beautiful page and a wonderful idea :o)
Jackie xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fabulous page and a lovely memory for you and later for Grace too.

Riet said...

So gorgeous Lynsey.

Hugs Riet.xx

julie_woolston said...

Hi Lynsey what a fantastic idea it will be something to treasure and look back on your childhood.

I love all the detail on t your page, I think we all keep the little wristbands etc, I kept Jodie and Nicks first pair's of shoes too.

Hugs Julie x

Lisa said...

Fabulous layout Lynsey :-) Like you, I don't think my Mum has any photographs from the day I was born.

Lisa x