Pages

Friday 2 August 2013

The Tale of Thunder Tuesday and a Winter Wonderland Challenge .............

Hi everyone, what a week I had last week, on Tuesday we had a really bad thunder storm and when I got up there was no water in our en suite bathroom which is on our top floor as we have a 3 storey house.  I thought I had turned the tap off so off I went to work.  I had an awful day, my car played up all the 50 miles I had to drive to work it was just one of those days!  But it only got worse when I got home at 5.45pm I could hear the fire alarm going off  so I opened the door not quite sure what I was going to find, thank fully there wasn't a fire but the fire alarms were going off as there was water pouring through.  It turned out that the water had come back on about an hour after I left the house and I had left the sink tap on which then flooded the whole house as the water came out so quick it just shot over the side of the sink.  What a mess we were in, we have water damage to every room in the house.  We are going to need some new floor boards, ceilings, skirting boards, and door frames as well as complete decoration and new carpets through out. Once the floors are dried out I think we are going to have to move out for 2 - 3 weeks.  Thankfully my Mum and Dad live in the same village as us so they have said we can stay with them.  So at some point my craft room will have to packed up and put in storage.

So with all this going on my blog has been a bit quiet!  I did manage to make my Winter Wonderland  DT card and our theme for you this week is 'Red, White and Craft', so I hope you will come and join in the challenge.Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Lynsey x

Materials:
Die Cut Image  and Sentiment - LOTV
Papers - Papermania
Bauble Die - Memory Box from My Crafty Heart
Marianne Corner Die
Seam Binding from Stash


14 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

oh Lynsey this is gorgeous and sorry to hear about all your problems hope today is better
Hugs Kate xx

MagsB said...

Oh poor you, I symphathise a lot! Some years ago our water tank in the loft burst and we had exactly the same problems as you. It's horrible, and so frustrating! It all came out fine in the end, though, hopefully you will be back to normal soon.

Wishing you loads of luck for the next few weeks, I'll be thinking of you!

much love, Mags B xxx

Claire said...

Adorable card, fab papers and love the colour combo. Hugs, Claire x

Deborah said...

OMG what a nightmare week you have had. Hope everything gets sorted stress free!

Your card is gorgeous. Love LOTV images.

Deborah A

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Still can't quite believe what happened, poor you. Still the upside is you have a very smart house again when it is all done. Gorgeous card, love this colour combo x

Sue said...

Oh my goodness, sorry to hear about all the damage caused to your house. It must have been an awful mess to clear up, hope it all gets sorted soon.
Your card is gorgeous, I love the cute image and some of my favourite Christmas papers too.
hugs Sue xx

coops said...

oh no lynsey sounds like you are going to be busy for a few weeks.
I love your card, stunning colours and the image is gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Lorraine said...

Oh no! Hope you get sorted out soon.
Gorgeous card, love the image and papers.
Lorraine x

Donna Mosley said...

Aww! Lynsey, so sorry to hear about your troubles hun. Water is so destructive, we had a really bad flood flood a few years ago, hope all goes well with the clear up. Big Hugs.

Love the gorgeous card, the image and details are beautiful.

Donna x

Chrissy said...

Oh! Lynsey, what a disaster...how awful..you will be glad that that week is over...but still a long haul for you..wishing you all the best..

Fabulous card today.I love the image and colouring..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Carol S. said...

OMG Lynsey my heart goes out to you. What a disaster. I cannot begin to imagine how you feel. Accidents happen. Gorgeous card and one of my fave images. Love the design too. Big hugs, Carol S.xx

Jackie said...

OMG what a catastrophe! I hope it doesn't take too long to get sorted out...hugs
What a beautiful card, so pretty :o)
Jackie xx

Lizzy said...

Hello Lynsey, at last I found the time to find your blog! Thanks for our little chat last Saturday, its such good therapy to meet another crafter. Your card is beautiful, and such gorgeous colour combo. Maybe one day I shall enter the challenge at Winter Wonderland xxxxx

susiestacey said...

Oh dear Lynsey - you are certainly having a bad time and hope everything gets sorted out soon. Gorgeous card and a lovely image x Susan x