Pages

Friday 30 October 2009

Something different ..........


Hi everyone well its nearly the weekend! I decided to have ago at something different today. I have been seeing all these felt brooches about and although I am not really able to sew very well I thought I would have go at making some myself. I was amazed how easy these were to make.I cut the felt using nesties and my cuttlebug. I couldn't believe how easy the felt cut, then I just sewed on a button and a brooch pin at the back.

I would love to know what you think to them as I am planning to give some as presents for Christmas, do you think they are good enough? I would also like to know whether you like the plain one or the one with stitching on best?

Thanks so much for giving me your opinion on these I really appreciate it.
Hugs Lynsey x

Materials:
Felt
Button
Cotton
Brooch Pin


8 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

gorgeous Lynsey

I love the contrast of the blue and brown one

hugs Jane x

Donna said...

These are so sweet Lynsey....I would deffo go for the one where you have used two colours and added the stitching, it seems so stand out much better than the blue one :) Donna x

cats whiskers said...

Wiow what a brilliant idea this is they look fab
Hugs Jacqui x

Daisy Chain said...

Hi Lynsey

These are great. I love them. My personal preference is for the stitched one. Great to give them as Christmas pressies.

I keep buying huge silk flower brooches at the moment, as I love them, and your felt ones will brighten up any outfit. Well done.

Hugs Debbie xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hi Lynsey. I thought you didn't like sewing. I prefer the contrast of 2 colours but like it better without the stitching. Hope you like my new look blog. I've had some fun playing about. Marianne x

Sarah said...

I think these are great Lynsey! I love brooches and have quite a few of the felt ones! What a fab idea to put felt through the nesties! Might have a go at making some of these! I would love it if someone gave me these as a pressie! Keep up the good work!

Lisa said...

Hi Lynsey, These are very sweet! The blue & brown one is my fav. Great idea!

Lisa x

Emma said...

They are gorgeous Lynsey and so sweet. Love the colours...
Hugs Emma x