Pages

Monday 4 January 2016

Happy New Year and Some Table Painting ................



Hi all, Happy New Year to you!  I've no card to share today but I do have a table! It was my last day off work today so after running 5 miles I got the paint out and started on this project.  I brought this table for £30 in a charity shop which I thought was such a bargain as it's such a sturdy table and the leg kept falling off our last one as it had really seen better days!

  I've put 2 coats of cream chalk paint on so far but it will need at least one more.  Chalk paint is great as it will stick to anything without the need for rubbing down which would have had to be done to this table using normal paint as it was very shiny.  When I've finished painting I will add a coat of Annie Sloan wax to it which will prevent the paint from chipping.  I'm really pleased with how it's coming along.

I will be back with some cards tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Lynsey x



5 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow looks fab

Carol S. said...

I think a table looking like it does now, would cost you a lot more than £30!! Plus you have the satisfaction of doing it yourself. When we moved to our last home we had a very old small garden table. My husband wanted to take it to the tip! Well I did a paint job on it and I put it on my blog. It was seen by Sheena Douglas and her husband emailed me that day and asked if I could email some photos of it. He would email them to Sheena, as she was on Create and Craft and wanted my agreement for her to show my table on all her programs over the 2 days. Of course I did!! So you never know what could happen to your table!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

julie_woolston said...

Happy New Year Lynsey to you and your family, wow your table looks great, what a difference.
Hugs Julie xxx

Kat W said...

Gosh, what a difference a few coats of paint make; it looks totally transformed and really beautiful :-) It must have taken a while to do all of it, but I would say it was worth it and you have a bargain there too at £30!

Big hugs, Kat xx

Jackie said...

Wonderful projects, presents and cards since my last visit Lynsey.
Looking forward to seeing the finished table :o)
Jackie xx